"In a world of change, the learners shall inherit the earth, while the learned shall find themselves perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists". Every time there's a chance to learn from someone who's where I want to be, you can believe I'll be there in my best suit, a good tie, and grooming game on 12 out of 10.
I had the opportunity to meet and learn from the co-founder of Twitter Biz Stone and decided to share, in bullet form, some insight from my notes.
- Be emotionally invested in any business you start. If your heart doesn't drop when your business is struggling and if you don't get a rush of adrenaline when opportunity comes, its not worth it.
- Get a rush from helping others. Not gambling, drugs, or any destructive behavior. Find something you love that benefits others, and always be in service. Sit back and watch how your life changes.
- "To succeed spectacularly, you must fail spectacularly" - Thomas Edison said when he failed 10,000 times, that just means he's a step closer towards finding what's right. You won't get it right the first, second, third, or seventieth time. Persistence my friend, persistence.
- Create your own circumstances
- Don't get caught up in keeping up with the Joneses. - Comparing yourself to others is detrimental to your mind, body and emotional health. We're all on different paths - trust what is.
- Failure is not the end line
- Opportunity is 'Manufactured' - DIdn't I just do a post on this? See, I kinda know what I'm talking about
For this look, I decided to go Don Draper style with a full suit head to toe. This wool tie from the Knottery NY (courtesy of Sprezzabox) adds personality with a seasonal plaid print, yet is still conservative with green and black being the base colors.
To mean "business", a white pocket square is a must-have. Most men, especially young men don't wear a pocket square so I saw it as a way to immediately stand out. And of course, what makes you look smarter than fashionable frames?
Wearing: H&M Suit | Knottery NY Tie | H&M Dress Shirt | Ties.com Tie Bar